The Senior System & Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the inhouse information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all IT infrastructures.
The Senior Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Leads the day-to-day operational hands-on and support for all system, network & security infrastructures.
- Manage complex activities for servers, storage, backups, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Leads the planning and implementation of changes to the infrastructure for all business needs.
- Manage complex network equipment, software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Troubleshooting problems related to network performance and users experience.
- Documents complex procedures, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Works with Business Applications, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other divisions and departments.
- Resolve time-critical deployment and production issues.
- Handle incidents, problems, and improvements for the ongoing deployment activities.
- Data centers operation, including installation, maintenance and provision of hardware and software support.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as hands-on engineer in production environments.
- Relevant skills in networking discipline, protocols, and technologies (e.g., Switches, Routers, Firewalls).
- Relevant skills in Microsoft environments (OnPrem & Cloud).
- Virtualization & Hyper-convergence deep knowledge (VMware & vSAN).
- Experience and certified by multi-vendors solutions (e.g., Palo Alto, Juniper, CheckPoint, Dell, HPE).
- Ability to work independently and in a team, in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Professional-level English – reading, writing and speaking.